1st June 2023 4 minutes
The Revolutionary Science of Skin Cycling: Unlocking the Secrets to Youthful Radiance
Understanding Skin Cycling
By aligning your skincare routine with the distinct needs of your skin at different times, you can optimise the absorption of active ingredients, and enhance repair and rejuvenation.
Since the beginning, AMLY has always been aware of the merits of ‘Skin cycling’, which revolves around the idea that your skin has different needs and responses at various times throughout the day, week, and month. It considers your body's natural biological clock, the circadian rhythm, which regulates your sleep-wake cycle and other physiological processes.
The Circadian Rhythm and Skin
The circadian rhythm governs your skin's functions, including cell turnover, collagen production, and repair processes. Research has shown that different phases of the circadian rhythm correspond to specific skin characteristics and requirements. For instance, during the nighttime, your skin focuses on repair and regeneration, making it an ideal period for intensive treatments such as SLEEP TIGHT rejuvenating night balm. In contrast, daytime is associated with increased protection from environmental stressors and heightened barrier function so we advise you to apply DAY LIGHT and or CITY SCREEN.
Benefits of Skin Cycling
1. Enhanced Absorption: Skin cycling takes advantage of the skin's enhanced receptivity to active ingredients during specific periods, maximising the absorption and effectiveness of skincare products. Spritzing our mists such RADIANCE BOOST - in summer heat feeds the skin vital nutrients that can penetrate deep into the dermis.
2. Optimal Cell Turnover: By aligning skincare practices with the body's natural rhythms, skin cycling promotes healthier and more efficient cell turnover, - FRESH FACED enzyme cleanser effectively encourages a smoother and more youthful complexion.
3. Repair and Rejuvenation: Targeting specific phases of the circadian rhythm enables your skin to prioritise repair and rejuvenation - SLEEP TIGHT aids in the reduction of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of ageing.
4. Protection from Environmental Stressors: Our daytime skincare routine in skin cycling focuses on safeguarding your skin against environmental stressors, such as blue light damage from computer screens to environmental pollution. DIGITAL DETOX and CITY SCREEN are our go-to products for helping to maintain a resilient and healthy complexion.
5. Balanced Oil Production: By adapting skincare practices to the skin's natural rhythms, skin cycling can help regulate oil production and improve overall skin balance, reducing the occurrence of acne and breakouts - MEADOW DEW and NOCTURNAL NECTAR are excellent products to help support your skin during times of change such as during your monthly cycle and transitioning through each the season. Adding a few drops of DAY LIGHT to MEADOW DEW can provide extra nourishment to the complexion in the autumn and winter, while a few pumps of CITY SCREEN can help your skin move from winter into Spring.
At AMLY we’re all about encouraging you to personalise your skincare regimen so that it is truly tailored to your individual needs.